A fraction is a number which is expressed in the form of a/b where a – is the top number called numerator and b– is the bottom number called denominator.
Addition of Fractions
Operations on fractions involves addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Addition and subtraction of fractions is done by putting both fractions under the same denominator and then add or subtract
of fractions is done by multiplying the numerator of the first fraction
with the numerator of the second fraction, and the denominator of the
first fraction with the denominator the second fraction.
- For mixed fractions, convert them first into improper fractions and then multiply
- Division of fractions is done by taking the first fraction and then multiply with the reciprocal of the second fraction
- For mixed fractions, convert them first into improper fractions and then divide
Subtraction of Fractions
Multiplication of Fractions
Division of Fractions
Mixed Operations on Fractions
Perform mixed operations on fractions
Word Problems Involving Fractions
Solve word problems involving fractions
- Musa is years old. His father is 3¾times as old as he is. How old is his father?
- 1¾of a material are needed to make suit. How many suits can be made from